By Andrew Erskine
- Examines the different types of facts, difficulties, techniques, and significant subject matters within the research of historic history
- Comprises greater than forty essays, written via prime foreign scholars
- Moves past the first concentrate on Greece and Rome with insurance of some of the cultures in the old Mediterranean
- Draws at the most recent examine within the field
- Provides a vital source for any pupil of historical history
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ancient History (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, be aware: 1,3, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Universität Greifswald (Institut für Altertumswissenschafteb), Veranstaltung: Griechen und „Barbaren“ im Zeitalter des Hellenismus, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Nach dem Tod Alexanders des Großen schuf Seleukos I.
In antiquity, the Mediterranean sector was once associated by way of sea and land routes that facilitated the unfold of non secular ideals and practices one of the civilizations of the traditional global. The Cambridge better half to historic Mediterranean Religions offers an creation to the key religions of this region and explores present study concerning the similarities and alterations between them.
This publication bargains a clean method of probably the most studied files on the subject of Christian woman asceticism within the Roman period. targeting the letters of recommendation to the ladies of the noble Anicia family members, Kate Wilkinson argues that traditional descriptions of female modesty can show areas of organisation and self-formation in early Christian women's lives.
Theatrocracy is a ebook in regards to the energy of the theatre, the way it can have an effect on the folks who event it, and the societies during which it really is embedded. It takes as its version the earliest theatrical shape we own whole performs from, the classical Greek theatre of the 5th century BCE, and provides a brand new method of realizing how historic drama operated in functionality and have become such an influential social, cultural, and political strength, inspiring and being stimulated via innovative advancements in political engagement and citizen discourse.
- From Feasting To Fasting: The Evolution of a Sin
- Goddesses, Whores, Wives and Slaves: Women in Classical Antiquity
- Myriobiblos: Essays on Byzantine Literature and Culture (Byzantinisches Archiv)
- Les dieux d'Orphée (Folio Histoire) (French Edition)
- Die Entwicklung und Bedeutung des Hafens Al Mina in der Zeit der griechischen Ostkolonisation (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Companion to Ancient History (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Ancient History (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Andrew Erskine